FOOD SAFETY TRAINING COURSE
Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action
Join our 2-hour class LIVE on Zoom to learn the importance of Root Cause Analysis and the proper application of Corrective & Preventive Actions!
Effective Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) require an effective Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Unfortunately, many food & beverage companies fall short in the process by confusing the identification of a deficiency in the system with the true Root Cause, thus failing to implement an effective Corrective and Preventive Action. Without properly identifying the Root Cause, only correction and Corrective Actions are addressed, and proper Preventive Actions are not identified and implemented.
What you’ll Learn:
- The Meaning of both Root Cause Analysis and Corrective & Preventive Actions
- The Importance of effective Root Cause Analysis
- The difference between a Deficiency and Root Cause
- Understanding Root Cause Analysis Tools
- How to Effectively Apply Corrective & Preventive Actions and Root Cause Analysis
- Students who successfully complete the 2-hour course will be issued a Certificate of Training by FSQC
Sign up for a Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action Short Course and receive a promo code for $50 off any other FSQC course in 2024!
Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action Course Details
During this short, 2-hour course you’ll learn a simple 6-step process that can be used in any process to assure your Corrective and Preventive Action system is fine-tuned to properly identify Root Cause and implement true Preventive Actions.
This course includes:
- A presentation of the Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action curriculum
- Hands-on learning through classroom discussion
- Examples & Templates: 5 Whys – Root Cause Analysis | Is, Is Not Attribute Comparison | 8D Corrective & Preventive Action Process | FSQC’s Proprietary 6-Step Corrective & Preventive Action Process
Food Safety Training Instructor
FSQC Training Center's Lead Instructor, Arlen Keller, has over 45 years of Food and Beverage Industry experience. His experience includes everything from being an hourly worker on the plant floor to production management, labratory analyst, and coroporate regulatory, food safety, & quality systems management. Arlen uses his real-world, hands-on experience to provide applicable content and instruction.
Read about his complete journey as a food safety professional here.
Food Safety Training General Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for anyone looking to develop a working knowledge of proper Root Cause Analysis and Corrective & Preventive Actions, as well as for those people looking to update their training. If you work in or with companies that manufacture, handle, and distribute food or food packaging, this is the right course for you. Positions that commonly take this course include Employees, Supervisors, and Managers from:
How long is the course?
This course is 2 hours in duration.
What's included with this course?
All course materials are provided to you by FSQC Training Center, including sample forms, examples, and templates to assist you in effectively identifying and correcting deficiencies in your Food Safety System. All you need is a willingness to learn!
Do these classes take place online or in-person?
Will I receive proof of training?
Yes! Upon successfully completing the course, participants will be awarded an FSQC Certificate of Training.